There wasn't much work for me to do today, which is good because our games had to be completed early in the day. We had to clean up the studio and get ready for a campus-wide studio walk in the evening. My last tasks were to finish my instruction manual and
Tag : games
Today was the day I feared most - assembly of the game board. I should probably clarify this, in that the fear was of messing up the assembly of the game board. I had just enough pressure printed paper to get the job done, with no extra. No room for error.
Today I put the tray divider into my hexagonal box and covered the floor. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Little dabs of super glue were used to help secure the top corners of the wall.Then I had to stamp the back of my game cards. The Purge
I spent a chunk of time today covering my hexagonal tray. To help me wrap the bookcloth around the bottom of the box, I propped it up on a brick. It was the perfect size and height. Julie advised me on how to address gluing the corners, using nifty snips and triangles. From
My second day off started with a trip into Deer Isle to do some gallery hopping. I really enjoyed what the town had to offer.One of my favorite trips was to check out Susan Webster's collaboration with Stuart Kestenbaum (he's director of Haystack and Susan is his wife).Susan is a
Today was officially a day off, which basically didn't mean much. Most of the campus was busy in the studios working. Just to show that I worked (aside from what I'll tell you below), I wrote a list in my studio journal to prove it: Day off, still making stuff Typed up
Part of day 5 of Julie's class focused on different ways to make marks. She introduced us to Old Stone Rubbing Wax, which can be used to pick up surface textures by rubbing it over piece of paper (it ain't just for gravestones). Julie recommended that we use the edge of
On day 4 we continued working on our cigar box models by covering them in bookcloth. Julie showed us a brilliant way of doing it so that no board was left uncovered. My brain just did not want to retain the directions. It made me crazy. I had to go back
On day 3 of Julie's workshop, we continued working on our models. We started off by covering boards that would cover 2 books with different bindings. We then created the base for what will become a cigar box to hold our game board and 2 books. We didn't make the lid
We started day 2 of Julie's workshop by sharing our mind maps with everyone in the group. The best part of this was that everyone got to give and receive feedback on their work so far. I now have a few new ideas of how I can incorporate my "purge"