As I recently mentioned, I was a bridesmaid in my sister in-law’s wedding. I had never been a bridesmaid before and was quite honored to have been chosen.
Among my many responsibilities was to go to a fireworks store (yes, they exist – apparently within 5 minutes of my home) and buy sparklers.
I did not realize at the time that said sparklers would result in my catching on fire – more specifically, my shawl.
I’d like to publicly thank my sister in-law for giving the shawl to me as a bridesmaid gift – best.gift.ever. No stop, drop, and roll for me – I just blew that flame out. Not sure why I didn’t have a major freak out…the whole thing just seemed so damn hilarious.
Now that the wedding has passed, I can show you some of the things I worked on.
I printed the invitations on my Gocco…I think I went through 3 or 4 screens on the main invitation. It was late in the process that I finally realized that my printing problems were not due to the screen, but to the deep texture of the paper (Strathmore Grandee). It was hard to get consistent results.
I had to hand-correct the majority of them – I think I fixed over 2,000 little green hearts.
These printed cards were trimmed and punched to become hang tags:
Here’s what the final package looked like – very vintage:
I liked everything much better once it was finished. The baker’s twine was key in pulling it all together.
I made a few other things, like place cards and favor tags:
I also made the guest book, programs, and some other signage, but forgot to take pictures.
The wedding had lots of fun and personal touches – Heather worked hard to give everyone a memorable experience. There was a casual photo booth that included a quilt as a backdrop and an old trunk full of props.
That’s the last of my husband’s siblings – two brothers and two sisters. I’m thrilled that all of them trusted me to make their wedding invitations!