Vermont’s 22nd Open Studio Weekend is just around the corner (October 4 & 5)! If you’re planning on visiting my studio (you know you are…), you can visit other great artists within a 20-ish minute drive of here.
There are 11 studios and galleries participating in eastern Washington County. Artists are offering exhibits and demonstrations of pottery, woodworking, painting, and more.
I’ll be referring to studios by both name and number – the number refers to a listing in the purple 2014 Vermont Studio Tour Guide. There are several ways to get your hands on a map:
- Pick up a copy at Artisans Hand Craft Gallery at the intersection of State and Main Streets in Montpelier (they’re an official Regional Information Center)
- Print out a full copy (warning – this is a big file)
- View a detailed map of Washington County on the Vermont Crafts Council website
Here’s the rundown of who’s who (click on the links to learn more about specific artists):
- #86 – Flint Brook Pottery/Deborah Van Ness: Handthrown, functional stoneware pottery.
- #87 – Kent Museum at Historic Kents’ Corner: More than 30 visual and literary artists on site.
- #88 – Jo MacKenzie Watercolors/Jo MacKenzie: Original affordable watercolors of flowers, pets, rural life.
- #89 – Artisans Hand: Contemporary Vermont crafts, jewelry, photography.
- #90 – May Day Studio/Kelly McMahon: Quirky paper goods, letterpress, bookbinding.
- #91 – Blue Roof Designs/Elissa Campbell: Handmade books (that’s me!)
- #92 – Linda B. Pottery/Linda Bouchard Bracken: Colorful, wheelthrown, functional pottery.
- #93 – Creative Woodworking/Kate Taylor: Fine woodworking, jewelry boxes.
- #94 – Blackthorne Forge/Steven C. Bronstein: Functional and sculptural, contemporary ironwork.
- #95 – Hillcrest Adirondack Furniture/Richard Ducharme: Adirondack furniture, chairs, gliders.
- #96 – Vermont Floor Cloths and Fiber Arts/Sandy Ducharme: Handpainted canvas rugs, hooked wool rugs.
I created the map below to help you plan your travels. Because the studios are so close to each other, you can visit quite a few of them within a short period of time.