Happy 8th Blogiversary!
Today is the eighth anniversary of the day I started this blog!
Out of curiosity, I looked up the traditional and modern anniversary gifts for year eight. Here’s what I found:
- Traditional: Pottery/Bronze
- Modern: Linens/Lace
Over the years, I’ve attended many events that offer swag to attendees – it’s like getting bookbinder goody bags. I love bags of stuff – don’t you? On top of that, I’ve collected duplicates of printed promotions that come with supply orders.
In honor of my blogiversary, I’ve decided to share the love. I’m having a giveaway!
So what does the prize look like? Well, it’s about 2.5 pounds of goodness:
- Over a dozen printed promotions from the French Paper Company:
- Paper sample books of the Construction and Smart White lines from the French Paper Company and the publication Hidden Treasures: The History and Technique of Fore-edge Painting by Jeanne Bennett:
- A marbled bookmark from Chena River Marblers, a small roll of bookcloth, a pack of bookplates, a leather key chain from Harmatan Leather, a tape measure key chain from Harmatan Leather, a small bag of beads, and other randomness:
- Three rulers from Green Heron Book Arts, a batch of paper samples from Legion Paper, two paper bookmarks, a postcard, and a card from the Artist’s Book Ideation Cards by Barbara Tetenbaum and Julie Chen:
So how do you enter? It’s easy – just comment on this post with your favorite quote or joke about books by midnight on April 10th. I’ll announce the winner (chosen at random) on April 11th.
Need inspiration? Here’s a quote to get you started:
Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read. – Groucho Marx