Vermont Open Studio Weekend – Montpelier/Calais Artists
Vermont’s 22nd Open Studio Weekend is just around the corner (May 24 & 25)! If you’re planning on visiting my studio (you know you are…), you can visit other great artists within a 20-ish minute drive of here.
There are 7 studios participating in the Montpelier/Calais area. Artists are offering exhibits and demonstrations of sculpture, handmade tiles, painting, photography, hand hooked rugs, and more.
I’ll be referring to studios by both name and number – the number refers to a listing in the green 2014 Vermont Studio Tour Guide. There are several ways to get your hands on a map:
- Pick up a copy at Artisans Hand Craft Gallery at the intersection of State and Main Streets in Montpelier (they’re an official Regional Information Center)
- Print out a full copy (warning – this is a big file)
- View a detailed map of Washington County on the Vermont Crafts Council website
Here’s the rundown of who’s who (click on the links to learn more about specific artists):
- #215 – Blue Roof Designs/Elissa Campbell: Handmade books (that’s me!)
- #216 – Art Tiles/Janice Walrafen: Handmade tiles, murals, sculptures.
- #217 – Chris Miller Studio/Chris Miller: Hardscape, sculpture of granite, wood, and marble.
- #218 – Jo MacKenzie Watercolors/Jo MacKenzie: Original affordable watercolors of flowers, pets, rural life.
- #219 – Green Mountain Hooked Rugs/Stephanie Krauss: Traditional hand hooked rugs.
- #220 – Annie Tiberio Cameron Photography/Annie Tiberio Cameron: Photography, botanicals, abstracts, nature, wilderness.
- #221– Ray Brown: Landscape inspired abstract compositions.
I created the map below to help you plan your travels. Because the studios are so close to each other, you can visit quite a few of them within a short period of time.