Vermont Open Studio Weekend – Montpelier/Calais Artists
Vermont’s 21st Open Studio Weekend is just around the corner (May 25 & 26)! If you’re planning on visiting my studio (you know you are…), you can visit other great artists within a 20-ish minute drive of here.
There are 10 studios participating in the Montpelier/Calais area. Artists are offering exhibits and demonstrations of pottery, sculpture, photography, mixed media, painting, and more.
I’ll be referring to studios by both name and number – the number refers to a listing in the green 2013 Vermont Studio Tour Guide. There are several ways to get your hands on a map:
- Pick up a copy at Artisans Hand Craft Gallery at the intersection of State and Main Streets in Montpelier (they’re an official Regional Information Center)
- Print out a full copy (warning – this is a big file)
- View a detailed map of Washington County on the Vermont Crafts Council website
Here’s the rundown of who’s who (click on the links to learn more about specific artists):
- #196 – Annie Tiberio Cameron Photography/Annie Tiberio Cameron: Photography, botanicals, abstracts, nature, wilderness.
- #197 – Inspired Creations/Polly and Phil Walsh: Mugs, platters, vases, magnets, sponge holders.
- #198 – Everything is a Shelf/Shelf Design/Dan Wetmore: Studio wood shop, custom designed shelves.
- #199 – Blue Roof Designs/Elissa Campbell: Handmade books (that’s me!)
- #200 – Art Tiles/Janice Walrafen: Handmade tiles, murals, sculptures.
- #201 – Thistle Hill Pottery/Jennifer Boyer: Functional stoneware pottery.
- #202 – Green Mountain Hooked Rugs/Stephanie Krauss: Traditional hand hooked rugs.
- #203 – Ray Brown: Landscape inspired abstract compositions.
- #204 – The Happiness Paradigm/Ginny Sassaman: Upcycled inspiring mixed media, happiness.
- #205 – Chris Miller Studio/Chris Miller: Hardscape, sculpture of granite, wood, and marble.
I created the map below to help you plan your travels. Because the studios are so close to each other, you can visit quite a few of them within a short period of time.