Vermont Open Studio Weekend – Montpelier/Calais Artists
Vermont’s 20th Open Studio Weekend is just around the corner (May 26 & 27)! If you’re planning on visiting my studio (and you totally should), you can visit other great artists within a 20-ish minute drive of here.
There are 7 studios participating in the Montpelier/Calais area. Artists are offering exhibits and demonstrations of pottery, jewelry, photography, mixed media, painting, and more.
I’ll be referring to studios by both name and number – the number refers to a listing in the 2012 Vermont Studio Tour Guide. There are several ways to get your hands on a map:
- Pick up a copy at Artisans Hand Craft Gallery at the intersection of State and Main Streets in Montpelier (they’re an official Regional Information Center)
- Print out a full copy
- View a detailed map of Washington County on the Vermont Crafts Council website
Here’s the rundown of who’s who (click on the links to learn more about specific artists):
- #209 – Annie Tiberio Cameron Photography/Annie Tiberio Cameron: Photography, botanicals, abstracts, nature, wilderness.
- #210 – Artisans Hand: Vermont State Craft Center. Contemporary Vermont crafts, jewelry, photography.
- #211 – Blue Roof Designs/Elissa Campbell: Handmade books (that’s me!)
- #213 – Thistle Hill Pottery/Jennifer Boyer: Functional stoneware pottery.
- #215 – Ray Brown: Memory-based landscapes painted in oils.
- #216 – Missy Storrow: Expressionist water media paintings, photography, oils.
- #217 – The Happiness Paradigm/Ginny Sassaman: Banners, mobiles, pins, cards, happiness.
Please note that (unfortunately) studios #212 and #214 have had to opt out of the tour. 🙁
I created the map below to help you plan your travels. Because the studios are so close to each other, you can visit quite a few of them within a short period of time.