Unfortunately, I’ve been sick for several days and I didn’t get into the studio today. Meh.
While sitting in the waiting room at the doctor’s office this afternoon (oh joy), I researched the winning suggestions for this week’s Book Arts Improv. I am rather embarrassed to admit that prior to this challenge, the most knowledge I had about any of the three suggestions involved the Thong Song.
I haven’t started on anything tangible yet, but I will say this:
- It will be another miniature book.
- I’m about 95% sure that it will be a flag book (I’ll explain why later on).
- I’m about 75% sure that I’ll be carving my own stamps again.
- I don’t think I’ll be writing a story for this one – it’s more conceptual.
- I’m trying to resist the urge to make it pink.
I want to avoid the complicated design of last week’s book and I think that the flag book format will help me accomplish that.
Stay tuned for the big reveal on Saturday!