Open Studio Weekend update
Open Studio Weekend (OSW) is just a few days away. I have so much to do.
At least my studio is in good shape. I’ve been working on cleaning up the piles of papers that inevitable inhabit every flat surface in my studio. I set a timer for 30 minutes and all I do is file papers or throw them in the recycling. This approach seems to be working well for me.
I still have quite a few things on my OSW to-do list:
- Finish cleaning my studio
- Finish updating signs to direct visitors to my studio
- Choose item for visitor raffle – oh yeah, there’s a prize!
- Purchase snacks for visitors (this is a serious decision)
- Make scrap bags
- Select bookbinding supplies to make available for purchase
- Select seconds and discontinued items for discount
- Print local map for studio visitors
- Set up shelves in studio
- Set up work on shelves
In the image above, you can see one of the signs that will populate the state of Vermont this weekend. When I last participated in OSW, I was #242. This year I’m #220.
I have this fantastical belief that your number on the map is somehow related to how the sales of your work rates on the Billboard charts. Sometime this weekend, Casey Kasem will appear at my door and say, “Elissa Campbell – last year you were number #242 but this year, the people have spoken and you’ve moved up the charts – you are now #220. Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.”
Now if I can just finish up my Long Distance Dedication before Saturday…
[adds to the bottom of the to-do list]