Dremel resources for artists
If you haven’t already guessed it, I love my Dremel. It’s my baby.
If I ever find that my hubby has used it to clean grout in the bathroom, I will have to kill him.
That said, welcome to the last post in my series of posts related to the use of a Dremel in the book arts. While the first two posts were based on information collected from Jill Timm’s class, The Amazing Dremel at the 2009 Focus on Book Arts conference, this post focuses on resources I discovered while going down the rabbit hole of insane and obsessive Googling.
Long story short, lots of sleep lost and not enough to show for it. Let’s move on.
Here’s a rundown of all of my Dremel-related posts to date:
- The Amazing Dremel with Jill Timm – Day 1
- The Amazing Dremel with Jill Timm – Day 2
- What do those Dremel bits do? Well I’ll tell ya!
- So now I have a Dremel…what can I work on?
And speaking of the woman who started it all, Jill Timm, here’s her wonderful book Winter White, which was created using a Dremel on the covers.
Super Coolness from the Dremel Company:
- Dremel Accessories Guide Poster – Jill gave each of us a copy of this at her workshop
- Dremel attachments
- Dremel Maker Projects (I think we need some handmade books on there)
- Dremel message board
- Dremel YouTube Channel
Books that reference using a Dremel in bookbinding:
- Bookbinding 2000 Proceedings
- The Craft of Bookbinding by Manly Miles Banister
- Mixed-Media Nature Journals by Lori Kay Ludwig
- Tips for using the Dremel with polymer clay (scroll down to the Dremels + Drills section), via Glass Attic
- More tips for Dremel + polymer clay, via Polymer Clay Web
- How to Etch Glass, via Dremel
- How to Drill Small Beach Stones, via Authentic Arts
Resources that are cool, but I can’t come up with an interesting category name:
- Be a fan of Dremel on Facebook
- Follow Dremel on Twitter – they have giveaways!
- Follow Dremel on Pinterest
- Drool over their pictures on Instagram
- Use your Dremel to polish your awls: Make Your Awl the Charles Atlas of Awls by Leslie Herger of Comfortable Shoes Studio
- Wanna look at Dremel-related pictures? Go for it
- Wanna look at more Dremel-related pictures? Pinterest
- What does Wikipedia say about Dremel? Here’s the answer
- Yahoo! Group – Dremel for Artists
If you find other nifty resources out there, let me know and I’ll add them to the list.