My book arts day in San Francisco
My vacation may be winding down, but I’m certainly wound up for today – I’m spending the entire day (that would be today) in San Francisco engaged in the pursuit of book arts. I am so so so happy!
Here’s my itinerary:
- Arch Supplies: I understand they have a nice selection of paper and possibly still have some Gocco supplies left.
- The San Francisco Center for the Book: In addition to taking a general tour, I’m going to check out their current exhibition – Once Upon a Book.
- American Bookbinders Museum: This wonderful resource has an amazing collection of bookbinding equipment, documents, and periodicals – check out their collection on their website.
- Kinokuniya: A bookstore that specializes in Japanese texts. I’m looking for some bookbinding books that are written in Japanese. If the bindings photos are appealing, then I’m grabbing them. A member of the Book Arts Guild of Vermont knows Japanese and has volunteered to translate them for me.
- Kozo Arts: Oh boy, just lemme get my hands on some Japanese paper please.
- Chinatown: Okay, this one may not be obvious – I have a line of chopstick journals. I need chopsticks to make them. So there you have it. Well, that and I want to see them make fortune cookies at the
- Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory (mmmmm…cookies…).
I plan on taking lots lots lots of pictures and will write some posts about my trip when I get back later in June.
Many thanks to Franco Folini for granting permission for use of his photo of San Francisco. You can see more of his work on Flickr.