I have ever-so-slowly been making my way down my list of unfinished projects. I just crossed another item off my list – completing two editions from the 2015 Book Arts Improv.
I started by working on the edition of my fourth Improv book – Fabruary.
I’m embarrassed by just how easy it was for me to finish this one. All I had to do was print out the inserts on laser vellum, trim them, and put them into the book pockets.
I didn’t document how I originally cut the sheets of vellum, but it was easy enough to figure out what to do – since the vellum was transparent, I just placed the trimmed inserts over the full sheets and used my ruler to get the measurements.
Into the pockets they go…and…done!
FYI – I discovered that there’s an entry for Fabruary in the Urban Dictionary.
On to the next edition, my second Improv book – Godzilla, Extreme Couponer. This was another straightforward task – all I had to do was attach the text blocks to the book covers.
This involved gluing down six goat leather straps for each book.
The thing that bugs me about this operation is that when you press down on the straps post-gluing, there’s usually glue seepage. Luckily, this is fixable. A quick swipe with the tip of an awl will get that cleaned up in no time.
Here they are, all glued. Unfortunately, I did a tight attachment job and the covers were kinda sproingy.
I put them into the press overnight and they look much more relaxed now.
Now that these Improv editions are finished, I have some mailing to do – Marcia, Tracy, Velma, and Marianna – you have packages coming your way!