Tag : Bookbinding

Top secret custom order in progress…

I just completed the covers for the super-secret custom project that I mentioned back in January. All of the contributor pages are in, so I'm good to go!I started by determining the placement for an inset book title, which will be letterpressed by the fabulous May Day Studio.I used my X-Acto knife

Book Arts and Paper Arts in Japan

There's a 98% chance that I'll be going to Japan for my summer vacation and I can barely contain my excitement! The 2% of uncertainty is due to the fact that we haven't yet purchased airline tickets.In usual me fashion, I have begun with the obsessive planning. What does that mean? It means

Happy 8th Blogiversary!

Today is the eighth anniversary of the day I started this blog!Out of curiosity, I looked up the traditional and modern anniversary gifts for year eight. Here's what I found:Traditional: Pottery/BronzeModern: Linens/LaceIn order to satisfy both the traditional and modern themes, I have no choice but to buy myself some Bronze Momi and Ogura

Join the Fold workshop

Last week I taught a fun class at Studio Place Arts on origami books titled Join the Fold. Here's the description:We'll be playing in the intersection between origami and bookmaking, creating folded books that require no adhesive. Many of the forms can be created from a single sheet of paper.

Book Art Gives Back

I recently discovered that the College Book Art Association (CBAA) has developed an interesting new community initiative - Book Art Gives Back. From their website:Book Art Gives Back is a day for the book art community to come together to honor the communities in which we live and work, while doing activities that provide support

What’s in an apostrophe?

There's a very interesting blog post by Susan Viguers on the College Book Art Association (CBAA) website: The Artist Book and the Sailor Suit.Susan examines the permutations of spelling and punctuation used by people when they refer to book art. The issue is the complicated and confusing placement of an apostrophe - where does it go? Do you use

Pin It on Pinterest