Elissa R. Campbell | Blue Roof Designs

Book Arts Improv: Call #2

4 Flares Filament.io Made with Flare More Info'> 4 Flares ×

Book Arts Improv logo

Welcome to the second week of the 3rd Annual Book Arts Improv!

In case you’re new here, in a nutshell, the Improv is a four-week stretch of improvisational bookmaking. Depending on the content and complexity of the book, an edition of three or more will be created each week.

So here we go…wait for it…wait for it…this week’s call for suggestions:

1. The real reason your check engine light came on.
  2. A retired Oscar category.
  3. An unusual superstition.

To participate in the Improv, just comment on this post with a response for each of the three categories listed above. I’d like to keep this suitable for all audiences, so please, nothing offensive.

I will accept suggestions until 5:00 p.m. EST on Tuesday, February 19th. On that day, one entry will be selected at random and not only will that person’s suggestions be used for that week’s book, but the winner will also receive a copy of the book.

Get those brains churning!

8 Responses to “Book Arts Improv: Call #2”

1. Sonia Rae says:

1. – Jealousy. I haven’t bought him anything in awhile.
    2. – Best/ Most embarrassing Oscar Speech. “You like me! You really like me!” (Sally Field)
    3. – Rabbits feet. Really! Isn’t that kinda weird?

2. Ellen says:

1. A skunk crawled up inside the engine compartment and sprayed, short-circuiting everything.
    2. Best use of space by an extra in a B-movie
    3. If you trip over a pile of dirty laundry as you make your way to the toilet in the middle of the night, it will bring you bad luck.

3. Tracy says:

1. A mouse has been hiding his cheese in my engine and its melted!
    2. The best animal in a speaking part in a foreign language film.
    3. Turn round twice and scratch your nose when someone says ‘hot dog’ or your leg will fall off.

4. Shira Lea Thompson says:

1. It’s been way too long since you took me for a car wash
    2. Most authentic foreign accent by a supporting actor/actress
    3. If you sneeze during the trip to the hospital to give birth, your child will have a long, pointed nose

5. velma says:

1. the engine is really and truly melting
    2. best canine
    3. fear of boulders… my horse used to be afraid of boulders. yes, boulders. my question, which she never answered, was, “why?”

6. Amy says:

1.the warranty ran out yesterday
    2.biggest hair (wasn’t as fun after the 80′s)
    3.step on a crack, break your mother’s back!

7. marcia says:

1. There seems to be no reason except to mess with me.
    2. Best child actor in a horror movie
    3. You are linked for life if you and someone else say the same word at the same time.
    Am I too late- it’s 5:54!

8. Chris Campbell says:

1. It hates me
    2. Best sound editing in a silent movie
    3. I see a big pig–I will be big pig, too

Let me know what you think!

I'm social – Pin, Like, & Follow me!

Link to my Pinterest Page
Link to my Facebook Page
Link to my Twitter Page
Link to my Rss Page

Get blog updates

Enter your Email address to have blog updates delivered right to your inbox*:

*I respect your privacy